Join us in our first episode of Shruti! In this episode, we discuss how Hinduism initially made its way from the Eastern Hemisphere into the Americas.
Sampled Clips include:
- – Budhaditya Mukherjee’s “Hindustani Classical Sitar” in Raaga Behag
- – “Golden Deer Scene” performed by Central Javanese performers from the Wayong Wong genre
- – Dr. Natesan Ramani’s Flute performance of “Ninnukori”
- – Yankaran Isaac’s “Hari Ka Bhajan Karle Mere”
- – President Lyndon B. Johnson’s Remarks on the Signing of the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act
- – Mr G Sivaraman’s interview “Experience with Maha Periyava Dr. Alagappan”